From: Application Release Management
BCC: [Intranet and Internet mailing lists]
Subject: CHANGE ALERT: Servers to be updated in September
The Corporate Intranet and Internet September upgrades are scheduled for the dates and times listed below. As always, you must plan to test your applications after each installation.
If any experience any problems, report them via this link: http://insertname.corp.anycompany.com/wsp/scripts/escalations/escalateticket.aspx.
These upgrades are considered medium risk and require a reboot of the servers. Applications that use Internet Explorer on the server also will want to run through additional testing.
Implementation Schedule (Intranet and ENA):
Tuesday, September 4, from 8 to 11 a.m. (COMPLETE)
· Intranet Next
· Internet Inflab
· Internet Applab Next
Thursday, September 6, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.
· Development (Intranet Authoring/Internet Virtual Teams)
Monday, September 10, from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.
· Test (Intranet QA and Internet Appfac)
Sunday, September 16, from 1 a.m. until 5 a.m.
The following work will be completed:
Microsoft Patches for all environments:
· MS07-042 ¾ Vulnerability in Microsoft XML core services, could allow remote code execution (936227)
· MS07-043 ¾ Vulnerability in OLE automation, could allow remote code execution (921503)
· MS07-044 ¾ Vulnerability in Microsoft Excel, could allow remote code execution (940965) - CILOB only
· MS07-045 ¾ Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
· MS07-046 ¾ Vulnerability in GDI, could allow remote code execution (938829)
· MS07-047 ¾ Vulnerabilities in Windows Media Player, could allow remote code execution (936782)
· MS07-049 ¾ Vulnerability in Virtual PC and Virtual Server, could allow remote code execution (937986) ¾ virtual hosts only
· MS07-050 ¾ Vulnerability in Vector Markup Language, could allow remote code execution (938127)
· Machine.config 1.1 updates for all environments
· Web.config 2.0 updates for Intranet environment
Additional maintenance windows occurring during the month of September: (Note: Both of these maintenance windows should be transparent to end-users.)
· WXYZ2V - ABC environment will be virtualized ¾ 9/4/2007- 9/14/2007
· Internet Production Firewall clustering and SSL termination ¾ 10 p.m. 9/22/2007 to 2 a.m. 9/23/2007
Send any questions or concerns you may have to the Application Release Management mailbox, email@example.com.
Application Release Management
Phone: (314) 555-7154